Gourmet Chocolate Tart
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 Cup (55gr) Caster Sugar
- 250gr (8.8oz) Dark Eating Chocolate, melted
- 200gr (7oz) Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Cups (225gr) Plain Flour
- 1/2 Cup (110gr) Caster Sugar
- 140gr Cold Butter Chopped
- 1 Egg Beaten lightly
- Make pastry. Preheat oven to moderately hot 200°C / 180°C fan forced (392°F to 356°F).
- Place flan tin on oven tray and cover pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans; bake 5 minutes or until shell is browned lightly. Cool. Reduce oven temperature to moderate 180°C to 200°C.
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a medium heatproof bowl over medium saucepan of simmering water for about 15 minutes or until light and fluffy. Whisk in chocolate and butter.
- Pour mixture into pastry case. Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes or until filling is set; cool for 10 minutes the refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve dusted with sifted cocoa powder, if you like.
Blend or process flour, sugar and butter until crumbly, add egg, process until ingredients just come together. Enclose in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 30 minutes. Grease a 24cm round loose based flan tin. Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line the tin. Lift dough into the tin, press into the sides, trim edges, prick base with a fork a few times then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.